Friday, May 25, 2007

How do you...?



I love analogies. I am a simpleton so I like things pretty easy to "get". I was recently looking for a new coffee maker with a timer on it so we could wake to the smell of coffee. You know, the best part of waking up is Starbuck's Premium Roast in your cup! Anyways, I was talking to the guy at the afore mentioned establishment and he said that the filter that we choose in the coffee maker really makes a big difference.. For instance, if you use paper, it could potentially tear and cause grains to enter into the pot. Or it could be thick paper which causes the coffee to be very weak. so he presented me with the filter in the picture above. This will not let anything enter the pot that will taint the coffee. As I was thinking and trying to turn this into a teaching moment, it dawned on me, my filter in this world is Jesus. This filter above keeps things out of the pure, delicious coffee.When I make a decision, I place it into my filter which only allows the purest results, which will bring glory to Christ. What are you using to make decisions on a daily basis? Are you finding "grains" in your life? Do you use life itself or this world or even Dr.Phil and Oprah to answer the questions? Try Jesus. Pass everything through His word through prayer and enjoy the blessings!

Current Scripture Memorization: Hebrews 4:16

Current Readings: Velvet Elvis....still. I read slow, THANKS!

Current Listenings: Hillsong United

2 comments:

Dave said...

Huh? I too use a non-paper filter, but then you lost me.

Vanessa said...

absolutely awesome... coffee is great!
Seriously though... great point- truth is I think our generation is using filters with massive gaping holes... a lot of christian young people have bought into lukewarm christianity... they've bought a filter that keeps their lives full of grains... I know this b/c I was one of them... and praise God He's teaching me where my holes are... still have plently to go though.

How about people who have the kind of filters that block out grains and other kinds of people?! Another topic for another day.

Reminds me of a song "I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be a casual christian... I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live a luke warm life. I wanna light up the night w/an everlasting light, I don't wanna live the casual christian life"

GET A FILTER PEOPLE!

Malloy- check your work e-mail. seeing as i'm not cool enough to get the "friend" e-mail.