Thursday, May 24, 2007

just when you think you've heard it all...

Today, Hank, Diane, and myself were down at Coconut Point. We were working on a project for our Pastor. One of his upcoming sermons is on the existence of Satan. So our job was to interview people and see what kind of things we come up with. The question to the public was, "Does Satan exist and why?" I knew that we lived in an area where lost people were living, but I had no idea the amount of people who believe in some far out stuff. I thought that I was aware of lost people in my surroundings and that I knew how to communicate with people about spiritual matters. I need to brush up! Some of the answers were so far out that I thought surely people don't believe that! This makes me understand the importance of being in God's word and staying in touch with "lost" people. Answer after answer my heart was breaking for these people, but I did not know where to begin with getting them to see truth. I never thought that I could live in a place in America that is so godless and pagan. Some people would tell me that I need to get out from under the rock and wake up. I thought I was. If you were there, you would be just as shocked. I don't want to be one who just talks about being light. I want to be one who carries light into the darkness. If you are anything like me, you would now say, "oh yeah that's right, Gerald, You should be salt and light to the world." Then I would say to you, "What does that really mean?"

Get involved in a lost person's life. If you are a Christ follower, the banner across your chest screams LOVE.

Current Listenings:
Hillsong United-All of the Above
Still rockin some Steve Fee

Current Readings:
Velvet Elvis

1 comment:

Joe Moore said...

Preach it Bro!!! No No No just live out loud... remember your call always, "love them all and worship one". Stay vertical and share the truth! jm